Water Quality Monitoring Project in Akarçay Basin
Administration: General Directorate of State Hydraulic Works
Scope: Within the scope of the Water Quality Monitoring Project in the Akarçay Basin; Within the framework of the Basin Monitoring Program prepared in accordance with the requirements of the "Regulation on the Monitoring of Surface and Groundwater" in the basin, in accordance with the national legislation in river and lake waters for the analysis of all parameters and the monitoring studies of the parameters that could not be analyzed by the General Directorate of State Hydraulic Works, in accordance with the national legislation, Taking samples from the surveillance monitoring and protected area monitoring points given within the scope of the project, measuring and analyzing the physicochemical and chemical, biological and hydromorphological parameters requested in the Technical Specifications of the project, evaluation and reporting of all monitoring results according to the relevant legislation, DSI SVT-Su Entering the Quality Module with its coordinates on the basis of basin, providing the transfer of data to this system via SVT in case the “National Water Information System” has been activated, and determining the methods used/to be used for analysis, making improvements and validations, (analysis techniques, in-laboratory analysis method development) and determining whether infrastructure reinforcement is necessary for the Administration and the Region according to the analysis results. In addition, thanks to the evaluation and implementation studies to be carried out within the scope of the project; It is aimed to determine the current status of the Administration and Regional infrastructures, to make short, medium and long-term plans, to determine the vehicles, devices, consumables, tools and equipment that will / may be needed in the following periods.
1. Definition of the basin
2. Sampling and delivery to relevant Administrations (DSI Regional Directorates and TAKK)
3. Conducting water quality monitoring studies at surveillance and protected area points (chemical monitoring)
4. Carrying out hydromorphological monitoring studies
5. Performing biological (fish, macroinvertebrate, phytobenthos, phytoplankton and macrophyte) monitoring studies
6. Preparation of the current pollution map
7. Evaluation of Akarçay Basin water quality and determination of quality classes.